Early in my blogging life, I received comments from one of the writers at Limebird Writers, a terrific blogging group from the UK with several very talented writers. I highly recommend a visit to Limebird Writers
at the link above, where you will find all kinds of creative writing.
This lovely, friendly, helpful group of writers has nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Thank you, my Limebird friends.
The rules are to acknowledge the bloggers who gave you the award, nominate 7 other bloggers for this award. And communicate 10 things about myself that I want to share with everyone. So away we go!
- I have breasts, waist and hip which are all about the same measurement. I’m a rectangle, and always have been.
- With a couple of exceptions, (Project Runway, Top Chef,) I really despise reality TV. The worse thing that ever happened to our country’s television medium was during the writers’ strike, when some brainless person came up with the idea of reality TV.
- I have, in the course of my life, O.D.ed or nearly O.D.ed on ketchup. I may have told this story, but I remember when I was 9, and we were living in Turkey. We kids were all at the pool — swimming lessons for the younger ones. Sister S. was sitting at a picnic table with friends; I went and bought a cone of fries, and drowned them in ketchup. I remember all of my fingers covered with ketchup, and starting to feel a little sick after. As an adult, as recently as since I started this blog, I O.D.ed on ketchup on my hot dogs, and actually made myself sick.
- I have a different love affair with mustard, which I will try on almost anything. Since I was 7, or so, I have put mustard on cottage cheese and loved it — practically inhale it when I get the chance.
- Over the years, I have developed a cast-iron bladder. I can go for hours without needing to pee. I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but it’s handy at work, and other places where I have to stay busy for a while.
- I believed, for most of my life, that the really good stuff of life was out of my reach; I finally understand that the good stuff is all around me, and all I have to do is take it into my life.
- All my life, until about 15 years or so ago, I thought that I hated any kind of olive. Thank goodness, my sister S. had me try some, and they ended up to be one of my favorite types of food. My favorite type is kalamata olives — a salty, briny black olive from Greece — Yum!
- I have rediscovered a true love for writing poetry — not at all the serious, dramatic verse I used to write; rather, I’ve been messing around with common language and subject matter, in poems. One of my favorite types of poetry turns out to be the sonnet. I would never have believed it, but there it is.
- I have very little patience for repeated mistakes — my own as well as others’.
- I would overdo everything in my life, if I did not have some structure in my daily activities. In fact, over the years, I have overdone many important decisions, only to regret them not too long after. I look for some structure in my schedule every morning, and if I don’t find it, I will do my best to create it.
The seven bloggers to whom I present this award are:
- Cee’s Life Photography – Cee is the creator of the Share Your World project, in which we answer questions to share information about ourselves. I believe this is a valuable tool, especially for the new blogger — it gives him/her the chance to review the answers, and learn a little about the community,
- Julia’s Place – Julia created the 100 Word Challenge, for adults and a separate program for schoolkids, along with the 5 Sentence Challenge for very young students. She has participants from around the world, and the creativity of young authors is a joy to behold.
- Gabrielle Angel and Autumn Sunshine — Twins forever. – The twins each post lovely, usually very cheerful posts everyday. Gabrielle offers a different holiday for every day, and Autumn is a poet with lovely works,
- Mother, Beader, and Coffee Lover – Jen is a very good photographer, a maker of lovely jewelry, and a mom whose kids love her very much. Jen has been with me for a lot of years.
- Barefoot Baroness – Toni has become one of my closest friends in the blogosphere; we have so many characteristics in common, you’d think we were sisters!
- Photobotos – This site is run by two brothers who enjoy sharing great photos by guest photographers.
- Zazenlife – Zazenlife is a group of writers whose motto is “Develop your conscious awareness.” Every day brings new concepts and ideas worth looking into. Well worth the visit.